Topic: Hi !

Hi everyone......
I've just registered as a member of the section and the purpose of this note was to say hello !
I'm a young 56 years of age, and I've recently bought a 1950 AJS Model 18 following a period of well over 25 years without a motorbike. Even back then, I had experience of Japanese bikes only !. I've always fancied a British classic, hence my return to biking....
I've recently joined the AJS & Matchless Owners Club and have found the club extremely friendly and helpful, which is just as well, given my knowledge of classic British bikes, both mechanically and electrically !.
So....that's about it ......I hope I can get involved in some way or another, and I look forward to hearing from anyone who wants to say hello.....
Thanks everyone....
Best wishes     smile
John
(PS: I live in Blyth)

Best wishes
John

Re: Hi !

Welcome to the forum, John.
There are a couple of Northumbrian lads with AJS singles and at least one with a twin - and like you, they're also mad!  smile
Whatever you do, don't let K.T. near your bike - he's got one and is always looking for spares  lol  (Joking)
You want to get an entry in pronto for the Colonial Run, it's made for single cylinder AJS bikes like yours.
Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Hi John,
            Welcome to the forum, thought I would make welcome a fellow AJS owner.
                                                                                                                        I bought a 53 Model 18CS last year and have really enjoyed it. Did over 350 miles on it at this years "Northumbrian Gathering" which is the top Section event, some pics are on this site.
                             As Martyn says there is a fair bit of experience with these bikes in the club, I have had some very useful info already.
                   I hope you can make it to the club night some time, details, venue and times etc are on the home page.

Unfortunately I am at sea until the end of September but would hope to catch you then possibly and we can swap some yarns.

I am based in South Shields ( Sand Dancer ).

Best Regards, JonS  cool

Dead fish go with the flow.

Greetings and welcome from sunny North Shieds.

There may be a re run of the evening fish and chip 'gamble' to Amble later this month  big_smile

Andreas

And the same from Sunny Sunderland John. Please feel free to drop over to one of our club nights at Birtley RAOB or join us on one of our runs. The next official one is the Bob Rawlings Run on Sunday 11th of September. Details will be announced soon. Also there may well be a re-run of the washed out Long Distance Social Run some time in September. Again watch this space.

Pete

Try me best - honest! big_smile

Greetings from the depths of Durham City and a 'virtual' member of the Northumbrians. hope to see you out there sometime soon!

FF

7 (edited by blythmags 24-10-2011 14:58:28)

Hi everyone
Thanks for the warm welcome !    smile
I've missed out on the activities for this year, but I'll certainly be around for next year's jaunts come the Spring !
I look forward to meeting everyone in the near future
With best wishes
John

Best wishes
John

were any of those japanese bikes wearing knobbly tyres and big handlebars by any chance ?

John, you are welcome to come along to any event or club night that takes your fancy.

Hi from the Italian contingent of the Northumbrian section.Been out here in Umbria now for 3 weeks,had some good runs out on the Ducati rode into Rome on it which was fun. Looks like I have missed some good runs back home ,but I have decided to have a section run here great area for off roading, you just have to watch out for the wild boar and bears!
Take care everyone and see you next month
Colin

Enjoy your Roman Holiday Colin.
Look out for a mad American on a Vespa with a lass on the front - if you see one you'll be in a time-warp.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Audrey_Hepburn_and_Gregory_Peck_on_Vespa_in_Roman_Holiday_trailer.jpg lol

Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

12 (edited by Baggers 23-04-2012 09:56:55)

Colin, you really don't know what you have been missing. Surely riding a Ducati in Italy will not comapre with being soaked to the skin in a Soggy Northumberland.

Will it?

By the way are you going to give Hillary riding lessons when you come back? I mean riding a Ducati round the Toon must be a bit like riding one round Rome.

Great to hear from you Colin, and glad you are having a great time. Have you been round the nurburgring yet??

Andreas