Topic: MoT time

Oops - recently had cause to look at my Cub's MoT certificate and guess what..........
It expired on 11th May 2011.  mad

The bike had lain in the recesses of my garage for some time because it had been popping and mis-firing on each expedition.

I had cleaned the carburettor, looked at the points (Boyer) in the side of the engine, checked the wires and things - but it still mis-fired.
So - last week I took the whole shebang of wires off the Boyer box and unwound all the insulation. I then re-made all the connections, even to the extent of Vaseline before re-wrapping them up in a sort of harness.

A quick sortie the other day and she's running like a good-un.

Quick call to the MoT shop in Exmouth and away we went for this morning's appointment.

Guess what ......... she passed,  big_smile  with a couple of advisories - steering head play and no lights.
Other than that she's fit for another 12 months.
The tester did, however, tell me something I did know. He said that  the back tyre is on the wrong way round and technically he should fail it. Besides, he said, the blocks are breaking away in the tread pattern and they're separating from the canvas webbing!
I told him that the tyre's rotation arrow has been wrong for the past three years and I will renew it immediately.  roll

The return journey was via the long way round....

Through the woods

Left at the junction

Breather at the reservoir

A romp in the heather

So my Cub is ready to roll. Colonial sorted yet?  lol  lol
Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Re: MoT time

Hi Martyn,
               Have never seen your cub before, what a smart little bike , did you build that one up yourself ?

That track through the trees looks lovely what a fun way to ride home, quite jealous !

JonS.

Dead fish go with the flow.

Well thank you for the compliments, Jon.
I must admit to not being responsible for the Cub's building.
I have done quite a few "running repairs" and improvements though, just to keep it looking pretty and on the road.  cool

In Devon we're lucky for the number of lanes we can use.
Before all rights of way were globally knackered by the NERCA act (which downgraded all the RuPs and BOATS to Bridleways) Devon had complied with the law and logged all the existing rights of way which meant that Devon lost very few.
Subsequently Devon has over 2,000 recognised and recorded "unclassified roads" and within a five mile radius of my house there will be between 1 and 2 hundred of them.
I reckon I could go from Budleigh to Honiton (around 18 miles by road) by using between 5 and 10 miles of tarmacadam, the rest being "non metalled roads" as in my pictures.
Since joining the TRF I've spent more time on trails than I have on VMCC runs. (Excepting the Gathering  wink )
Having said that, I'm down for the VMCC Two Moors Run on Sunday - visiting Dartmoor and Exmoor on a 150 mile route - hope it's fine because the views are promising to be stunning.  big_smile
Martyn

Martyn I am glad you are now free for another year of intense cubbery. I'm sure you will post pictures to make us jealous.

Bob Rawlins Run route is sorted this weekend. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute!

Try me best - honest! big_smile

All my bikes are not MoTd yet - the T100 is languishing at the moment with a fractured centre stand.  sad
I've removed the stand and it's now at a garage awaiting the welder's attention.

I see that the Bob Rawling's Run is a tad later this year - it used to be April and the first section run of the year.
Good job you left it till now otherwise you would have had to stir your stumps a little earlier.  wink

Are you Nortoning it or Tractoring it?
I do hope the weather is favourable - it'll make a change from the blanket of snow I recall on Hartside one year.   hmm
Martyn

Very nice - like the bush guards!

FF

Bark Busters £23.44 off eBay - I haven't renewed the alloy levers as many times as I had to before fitting them, but I still go chasing badgers and squirrels as many times, unfortunately.  lol
Martyn

The squirrels I can understand - but why chase Baggers?

FF

Badgers, my friend, are very common in the Devon lanes.
Perhaps your beer goggles aren't working and I therefore presume you'd read Baggers - a totally different creature.
Badgers are the black and white creatures that tend to come out at night.
However, when you ride along a technical bit of trail and upset a badger from his slumber he has a tendency to knock your wheel and thereby upset your equilibrium.  sad
Baggers don't do that - they plough furrows with their machine and wear tinted spectacles.  smile
Martyn

Colonial almost sorted Martyn, just need another sorte on my mountain bike to get the directions for the afternoon bit of simonside and Harwood!

Andreas

Andreas, I like the idea of you liaising for access to ways seldom ridden.
Very envious - I can't say that I've ever ridden (officially) through Harwood.  tongue
Where's lunch stop - not Thropwood's Three Wheat's Heads by any chance?
Martyn

not the three wheatheads..............

Andreas

The Angry Keys!!!

Try me best - honest! big_smile

Wahey - I was only a couple (of hundred) yards away and over a bridge.
I am still green with envy and wish I was there to enjoy the day - wet or fair!
Martyn