Topic: Hello From Your Russian Correspondent.

I managed to make it to the bun fight yet again.  What I would like to know is. Did the person that won all those 20p,s manage to spend the Roubles and Kopeks I lobbed in the bucket?
Before you ask I threw them in as extra on top of the 60p that I threw in to loose.
Happy New Year to all the regulars and not so regulars. I have lots of pictures taken at the gathering,s over the years and when I get time I will start posting them along with some of my old Real Classic musings.

Re: Hello From Your Russian Correspondent.

Hi Bob.
Shekel shaker - only at Christmas time by the sound of it?  lol
Let's be having site of your piccies then.
As long as they're not ALL of Humbers they'l be worth seeing.  wink
Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Martin,
           its ten to one (A.M) here in Maikop and I have just polished off two bottles of Russian Champagne at £5 per bottle for the most expensive stuff (in the restaurant, it's cheaper in the local supermarkets) so needless to say I am totally incapable of finding the pictures in question. By the way, they are not all Humbers, they may be about BSA's and other marks such as Rover and so on. When I am sober and have a bit of time I will dig them out.
Humbernut.

Martin,
           how do you find life in Devon, from a motorcycling perspective compared to that in the Northumbrian area?
For me, I miss the ability to go almost the whole day on A & B roads without coming accross too many idiots in Chelsea Tractors taking up the whole road and the excelent breakdown recovery service courtesy of Martin and the sadly departed Frankie and also tea in the Impromptu Cafe in Elsdon

Bob, I know what you mean about Malcolm's recovery trailer and his late assistant.  sad
Time is relentless and knackers many a good thing.
The Devon VMCC set up is totally different from Northumberland, Durham and the Lakes.
The runs are few and far between - the distances are massive also. To go to a start in North Devon is over 60 miles and from east to west is overall about 80 miles.
For me to get to one of the monthly meetings is 100 miles return and hardly worth the effort.  hmm
In recompense I've joined the TRF and Devon has the most active TRF section in Britain. There are over 1,100 recorded lanes that are legal. Within a 20 mile radius of where I live there will be over 100 legal lanes.  big_smile
Great for the little Cub and even better for my Yamaha trailie.
Getting around Devon on two wheels is wonderful - the views, scenery and little lanes are stupendous, not to mention the weather which is at least two overcoats warmer!  cool
One thing that I really miss is the emptyness of Northumberland, but we can't have everything.  roll
Martyn

Hi Martin, I think the same as you, I miss the emptiness of Northumbria and the open views over the moorland. Ok I have got the pennines and the Peak District on my doorstep but it lacks the romote feel of Northumberland.

Get a room you two, ha.

Bob

Angela from South Durham noticed the Russian change you added to her winnings, I have dutifully grassed you up wink

Bob, the trouble with the Rouble is that you WILL be short changed!  sad
Martyn

Comrde Rodgerson - welcome. Hopefully we will see you around and about in the near future. I myself have purchased a russian ushanka hat for the cooooldddd weather - so I will wear it next time you come up so you can feel at home.

Try me best - honest! big_smile

hi Baggers,
                 I have bought, at the last count, over the last three months 10 Russian fur hats. when I next venture to the Frozen North I will bring the one that I have chosen for me. it looks super ridiculous so I wear it just to brown her indoors off. The rest are distributed among the family. The local hat stall holder knows me well, he can,t believe his luck selling as many hats to one customer.
the local animal rights folk are naming me as a prime target what with all that Wolf, Rakoon and badger fur on my bounce.
Bob.

Bob, will you be able to fashion a mirkin with any left-overs from your fur hats?
I have a recipient who has requested one if you can.  smile
Martyn

Martyn,
             I've heard of a Jerkin but what the heck is a Mirkin?

Bob, try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin.
I advide you to look with caution  wink
Martyn

Hi Martin,
               Tel your friend if she stops using the Imac she can grow her own in approximately three months, however if she doesn't,t want to wait I can place my hand over the right area but I can,t guarantee that she will retain her modesty.

16 (edited by Devonian 23-01-2011 21:27:11)

Thanks Bob, she's declined the ofer but says thank you vey much.
She muttered something about Russian hands always being cold and rough - or something like that.
Can't win 'em all  tongue
Martyn