Topic: Hi from Scotland

I have just registered on your great site. As a member of the Central Scottish section of the VMCC  N.E. members often come up for our National Assembly and the PLus One /S & T rallies in August. You are always most welcome. I am putting a "Spares Wanted " ad in your Forum as we are not too far apart and Spares sales or barter might bring some fresh bits into our circles.
My current passion is a 1925/27 Rex Acme 350 , just recovered after an absence of 48 years ! I have no spares for the engine or the Sturmey Archer HW Gearbox,so I seek any 250/350 ohv Blackburne engine or parts from 1925-27.I am advertising in the usual places but sometimes bits can emerge as swaps etc. I shall have a 1958 Matchless G11CSR for sale soon also.
More anon, and thanks for the space.
Brian

Re: Hi from Scotland

Welcome Mr Acme.
It wouldn't be McAcme would it?  wink
I wish you a great deal of luck in acquiring the spares for your Blackburne engine and Sturmey Archer box.
I reckon your required bits will be rarer than rocking horse manure.
Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Welcome Brian - and I wish you luck in your search. Maybe our Russian Correspondent Bobski could whittle a block of metal into the required shapes which would help pass the long Arctic nights!  wink

Try me best - honest! big_smile

Hi Baggers,
                I might just be tempted to go into production of new 1920's Humber engines with my latest acquisition  a brand new CNC Mill. Mind you I think it will take some time to get into the programming side of things.
Meanwhile the manual machines will be kept busy.
Bob