Topic: Belstaff

Hot news chums!
After years of being owned by Italians, Belstaff is once again owned by an Englishman who is reported to be a motorcycle enthusiast.
Pause for a rousing chorus of Rule Britannia.
Mind you, no word yet if they are bringing the production back here and reducing their prices (Trialsmaster at £585).
But it's a start!

Try me best - honest! big_smile

Re: Belstaff

I went for Barbour. Half the price (nearly) and based in South Shields. Support the local economy.

Have to admit I am a Barbour man myself. I got it from Kens in 1974. About 25 years later I took it in for a total overhaul, repair and reproofing at the factory. It came back looking like new!
I proudly gave it it's first outing at a Colonial Run organised by Martyn. He very skillfully arranged one of the wettest runs ever. I think he did it deliberately.
However my newly rejuvenated Barbour Lightweight gear was just the thing to wear.
Mind you, it leaked like a sieve BUT in a traditional fashion.

Try me best - honest! big_smile

Baggers wrote:

Have to admit I am a Barbour man myself. I got it from Kens in 1974. About 25 years later I took it in for a total overhaul, repair and reproofing at the factory. It came back looking like new!
I proudly gave it it's first outing at a Colonial Run organised by Martyn. He very skillfully arranged one of the wettest runs ever. I think he did it deliberately.
However my newly rejuvenated Barbour Lightweight gear was just the thing to wear.
Mind you, it leaked like a sieve BUT in a traditional fashion.

I decided to reproof mine myself. Bought a tin of wax from Barbour. Managed to get it everywhere. The jacket was waterproof, so was the floor, table and me!