Topic: Croft Nostalgic Weekend

The dates for this year’s event has been released. Definitely a must!
http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/racing/nostalgia

Re: Croft Nostalgic Weekend

Been meaning to go for a few years. Interest in motorsport as well as 2 wheels. Have also done a few laps
of Croft in my time
Jon
Another good event is the Easter Monday Sprint, look up the old white mk1 golf, if you get there

Via our Cultural Attaché from the Industrial Heartlands, we are hoping to get a bit more involved at the Croft event.
Watch this space!!

Try me best - honest! big_smile

Things are moving forward here. Looks like we will be invited to take part. This could involve a parade lap etc.! More details later!! big_smile

Excellent, keep us involved, entry is in for easter Monday sprint, always a good event. A parade lap sounds great, not sure I have anything fast enough though, my biggest 'classic' is 400cc. Have got a full set of leathers though...............(if I can still get in them)
Jon

It looks like there will be space for us at the event. The parade lap will be a gentle affair, given that bikes like my 1919 Triumph model H will be there. The organisers will firm up what role they want us to play fairly soon.

Baggers wrote:

It looks like there will be space for us at the event. The parade lap will be a gentle affair, given that bikes like my 1919 Triumph model H will be there. The organisers will firm up what role they want us to play fairly soon.

So, does my 35yr old bike fit the brief from Croft?

We are awaiting those details from the organisers. Will publish them as soon as they are confirmed.

Great
Jon

Baggers wrote:

We are awaiting those details from the organisers. Will publish them as soon as they are confirmed.

I checked on the web site. The cut off date seems to be 1st Jan 1978
Steve.

Phew, my 1913 TT Triumph just fits in then!

Andreas

1966  100cc Suzuki or 72 Honda on knobblies!   ????
Jon

Just checked, and now confirm the z400 is a 76 so its eligible. Pretty sad I didn't know when it was reg'd really.
Old age.
Anyway, as it hasn't got 'kill me quick' tyres on I'm definitely game
to try and scratch round Croft in a shower of centrestand and footpeg sparks, or bin it trying.
I presume that's what a 'parade' lap is all about?
Jon

big_smile

Andreas

Still up for joining in on the parade lap thing, who do I have to contact?
Jon

If you look on this page of the event you will find an entry form you can download, fill in and submit:

http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/racing/no … -timetable

Classic Vehicle Booking Form - the bottom of the selection list.  wink

Good luck - it may be full up by now.  hmm
Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Looks like the wording is classic 'racing' motorcycle, so I have nothing that fits into that category.
Oh well, will probably go down as a 'punter
Cheers anyway
Jon

18 (edited by Devonian 19-05-2018 08:32:29)

Nil Desperandum, Jon.  neutral

Don't be put off - there is no technical definition of a classic 'racing' motorcycle.
BSA M20s, Tiger Cubs, ES2 Nortons have raced - even Puch Maxis and Mini Motors have.  yikes
You will never know until your entry is submitted, accepted or declined.
Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Good point, strip off the knobblies and headlight, whack some number plate boards on and straight through pipes?
cheers
Jon

I’ve just got my ‘punter’ tickets. I’ll watch the high speed corners on the knobblies.
Steve.