Topic: VMCC HQ website problems 23rd Jan

Just in case you were wondering, the main VMCC website is still not completely working after it's recent redesign.
The main way this affects this section is that, if you look at the Section Events page, the results are incomplete.
If you select events using 'Northumbrian' in the section box, you won't see any events from February even though they are entered. I first reported this mid-November.
Also I cannot enter any new events and the IT team at HQ cannot edit or delete existing entries.
Therefore I would use the events information in this website for the foreseeable future.
There are other errors (such as they have taken out the update to our meeting venue) however I am concentrating on trying to get our events sorted first. 
IT systems eh?  sad

Try me best - honest! big_smile

Re: VMCC HQ website problems 23rd Jan

Baggers wrote:

Just in case you were wondering, the main VMCC website is still not completely working after it's recent redesign.
The main way this affects this section is that, if you look at the Section Events page, the results are incomplete.
If you select events using 'Northumbrian' in the section box, you won't see any events from February even though they are entered. I first reported this mid-November.
Also I cannot enter any new events and the IT team at HQ cannot edit or delete existing entries.
Therefore I would use the events information in this website for the foreseeable future.
There are other errors (such as they have taken out the update to our meeting venue) however I am concentrating on trying to get our events sorted first. 
IT systems eh?  sad

Quite right Pete, get your house in order first. Not to worry I've got bookings in for the C2c2c and the Northumbrian Gathering.
I'm hoping to bring a few rag tag and bobtails with me on the C2C2C from the M & HP section this year I'm just waiting for their entry forms to come back to me and I will be in touch with Rachael, should be by mid week, I hope.
Bikes involved ae nice ones, 27 AJS, 20's Indian Vee-Twin, Ariel and of course the dreaded Humber (well, somebody has to break down).

Bob, I'm jealous that you're fit and still enjoying the Northern events AND your Humbers.
Make the most of it whilst you can.  wink
My old BSA and T100 are the only bikes I have now - they've not been used in the last three years!  sad
Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Devonian wrote:

Bob, I'm jealous that you're fit and still enjoying the Northern events AND your Humbers.
Make the most of it whilst you can.  wink
My old BSA and T100 are the only bikes I have now - they've not been used in the last three years!  sad
Martyn

Hi Martyn, I try to make the most of the bikes but last October I put them away and haven't had them out since because I had a pretty hefty operation that involved rebuilding my abdominal wall following a hernia. I am over the operation now and I hope to get them out soon just to start them and maybe give the BAS a good clean.

I haven't got enough time to do all the things I want since retiring,I'm busier than ever. I loaned my son the money to become an airline pilot. At last he is just about there, just his Type Rating then he will be flying for BMI in a couple of months. I have to do some work to make up for the lack of cash, things should ease once he starts earning again and begins repaying me.

Good progress has been made on the VMCC HQ website. The section events are now displaying (sort of) correctly. At least all the events for March have re-appeared and I can entre new events. So huzzah for that.
All that's left is for the staff to restore the Section details to the correct meeting venue and delete the event on the 5th March so I can enter the details of the John Young Trident talk!!! I have high hopes....

Try me best - honest! big_smile

6 (edited by SCM 08-02-2018 14:31:14)

Had a look today. Correct venue. Search facility seems to work as well. If you leave the start date blank, it starts at 2015.  smile Other than that all’s well.