Topic: Talk by John Young on Restoration of Paul Smart's works Trident racer

On Monday 5th March 2018 at Birtley Golf Club
Kindly arranged by Mr. Bates (Cultural Attaché etc. etc), John will come up to talk to us about his restoration of Paul Smart’s ex-works, Rob North HiBoy framed, Triumph Trident racer. A significant classic race bike.
If you remember, John gave us an excellent talk on his exploits riding in the Ironbutt Rally a while ago. This (I’m sure) will be equally interesting.
The actual bike to be on display as well!!! 
Probably kick off at 8.30 - 8.45.
At the moment, we expect the weather to clear by Monday but watch this space in case of last minute changes.
This is in addition to the visit of the Blood Bikers on 26th March – can you take the excitement???!!!!

Try me best - honest! big_smile

Re: Talk by John Young on Restoration of Paul Smart's works Trident racer

Mr. Bates also reckons everyone from the Industrial Heartlands is followed around by their own little patch of sunshine and warm weather - so travelling will be no problem.

Just to let you know that John is planning to come up to talk to us tomorrow as previously arranged and the golf club is open.

Obviously if anything changes. I’ll send out messages as quickly as I can but at this point in time, everything is going ahead as planned.

Sent from slate and chalk on Sunday afternoon

Thanks to everyone who turned up. Over 40 people came to hear John talk about the history and restoration of the bike and also to look at the bike itself. It was a really interesting talk and thanks once more to John for coming up.
Also, thanks very much to Peter for arranging the talk, Hilary and Malcolm for providing the nibbles and Steve for recording the whole talk.