1 (edited by aidan 16-03-2018 09:09:25)

Topic: Derwent Newbie

Good morning from a soaking wet Derwent Valley, finally found a vintage bike to enjoy, BSA 1926, need you experts to confirm exactly what it is but it,s mine at last! Few other bikes from across the ages too and enjoy the TT and European touring when I can, looking forward to my first meeting at Birtley. Aidan

Why me?

Re: Derwent Newbie

Welcome to the Forum, Aidan.  wink

If you post a picture or two of your acquisition then recognition would be forthcoming.
I presume you will know the manufacturer and require model, year details?

I've not been to the Golf Club venue but I know a few members and can tell you they're an affable lot.
Beware of the grumpy Chairman though!  yikes  He's got a Hardely Davidson.  roll

Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

The Golf Club venue is a great place. Well worth a visit every Monday evening at 8pm.
Rumour has it that the chairman has a Matchless as well. Ah well, might see it one day.
Steve.

Welcome Aiden,

The Derwent valley is quite long, Im guessing you will be nearer the Swalwell end than the Shotley end?

My old stomping ground so to speak.

The Birtley Golf Club venue is great, and as a section all of our runs (excepting perhaps the Colonial) would be suitable for your 1926 Steed.

The Chairman also is rumoured to have a Model H Triumph too!

Andreas

Aidan, welcome to the merry bunch of miscreants and ner-do-wells that is the Northumbrian Section. We look forward to seeing you sometime soon at our Monday meetings.
Yes I do have a Model H AND a Matchless in various states of repair. Hopefully they will be seen out in the wild a bit more this year!!

Try me best - honest! big_smile

Thanks fer the welcome Gentlemen, the Monday night meet is on my list but as yet not been possible, might put the bike in back of the van and you can all have a go picking faults with it! That has got to be a quicker way of deciding what work is needed than drinking tea while staring at it in the garage! big_smile

Why me?

Aidan, good to see you. Feel free to bring your Mighty Steed with you - I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Try me best - honest! big_smile