Topic: The evening excursion Thursday 26th May

Dear All we have headed West, we have headed North - so now we will head South into parts unknown. We aim to end up at the the Saff Durham section meeting via our usual circuitous routes.

So start of at the Shell garage at Belmont, Co Durham. This is just off the A1 on the A690 to Sunderland opposite the park n'ride. For those of you with such things the post code is DH1 1LU.

Set off should be at 7:00 which should give us plenty of time to wander off into the Land that Time Forgot!!!

P.S> Thanks to Admin Adreas for setting up this new section of the Forum.

Try me best - honest! big_smile

Re: The evening excursion Thursday 26th May

Gan on - gan a bit fortha.
Get thisens dahn saaf proper.
Ah'l expect thi aboot teatime, seh 6pm.
Areet?  lol
Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Ahreet marra.
Mind you the weather looks somewhat inclement. If the weather is dropping wata ahll owa no heroics please!.

4 (edited by Baggers 28-05-2011 19:59:38)

Well - as often happens when heading South the weather was crap.
Anyway an even smaller and more select bunch splashed off through the rain along the back roads through Coxhoe, Sedgefield and Darlo to eventually reach our comrades in the cricket club in Middleton St. George. A traditional greeting of a free bike newspaper from Mr. Beer was immediately in evidence. This was followed by a ritualistic dance of welcome from Mr. Smith which involved the rattling of a shoebox with exhortations to 'Get your hand in your pocket'!
The High Table with various K.O.B.I and other notables was most welcoming as well. As the dark drew in and the rain came down a regretful parting of the ways occured as the A19 and a face full of water beckoned.
Anyway it was very good to see our brothers in arms - it will happen again so beware!
Where are the photos of the pioneering spirits who undertook this adventure I hear you ask? Sorry - none available as I forgot the tripod for me camera.

As Confucius is reported to have said 'He who P.E.Es alone has to hold his own'.  wink

P.S. Whilst some would say a Hoggley-Doggley is in it's natural element in the countryside, I would say it's handling on country roads laced with mud, diesel and animal exhaust emissions leaves something to be desired. Like a warm fire and a pair of slippers.  hmm

Whens the next PEE chaps????

Aha - you spotted my deliberate error Phant. Bant. None arranged at the mo - further mature discussion back at the RAOB on Monday 13th.

That's what I like, a man of the moment making man decisions.
Good job it's not Friday the 13th.  roll
Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.