Topic: Summer Monday night venue

As passed by the business meeting last evening we will be meeting at a different venue for most of June and July.

Only the business meetings and the talk on Velos will be held at the R.A.O.B. club in Birtley.

All other Mondays in June and July will be at the Floaters Mill Public House Near fencehouses.

This is to try and encorouge members to come on their bikes as the Floaters has a large car park in view of the pub and c.c.t.v.
It would also be nice to see those members who for what ever reason choose not to come to the R.A.O.B. club.

For further information about the floters including a map, click on the link below.

http://www.floatersmill.co.uk/

We well be starting to meet at the floters from Monday the 6th June, we will be ariving from 7.30pm

The landlord is most welcoming and is looking forward to us coming.

Andreas

Re: Summer Monday night venue

I can remember when that place was a farmhouse.  roll
Shows how old I am dunnit?  smile
I used to travel from Peterlee to Durham and Fence Houses was on the way (on one route).
That puts the year at about 1980 to 1983.
Cor, doesn't time fly when you enjoy yourself so much????  wink
I hope you all enjoy yourselves and I can't say I blame you for changing  lol
Martyn

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Hi Andreas,
                   The new summer venue is great a good find indeed, looking forward to sampling the delights.

Lets hope its a flaming hot June and July, well at least not p-----g down at least !

Back in blighty on the 3rd of June ( volcanic ash permitting of course ) .

See You All Soon JonS  big_smile

Dead fish go with the flow.

The landlord seems very positive about us coming, asking if will want food putting on etc. we are thinking of using the outside facilities (weather permitting) on the 20th (the Monday nearest the longest day) and have a BBQ  smile

Look forward to seeing you all there!!

wink  wink  wink

Andreas

5 (edited by Baggers 27-05-2011 10:55:11)

Chums - here is the venue schedule. I think people are aiming to be there for 7:30.

6th June - First Floating night
13th June - Back  to the RAOB for the Veloce Part Deux from Prof. Brian Agnew.
20th June - Floaters and potetntially a BBQ to celebrate the longest day.

From then on ALL meetings until the last one on 29th August at Floaters EXCEPT the businsss meetings on the 27th June, 18th July and 15th August.

See ya!

Try me best - honest! big_smile

And here is a map of how to get there.
http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so … m&z=16

Now don't forget - tell all your chums especially those who haven't been to the Buffs club in the past two weeks. See y'all there!

Well a nice night was had by all - more bikes on a club night than ever before. However hopefully more people will show up at other nights at the Floaters. Remember that on the 13th we are back at the RAOB for the 2nd part of the Velo talk.
And yes I know the Mighty Atlas didn't show up. The right hand silencer bracket snapped on the way so the Hawg was pressed into service. The M.A. will return!!!  big_smile

I will be posting pictures of our first evening at the floaters in due course, however there was some discussion about our next evening there the 20th June!

This is the monday closest to the longest day (21st), the night that allows vintage motorcyle enthusiasts with dim lighting the most time on the road in the year.

The landlord of the floaters has offered to put on the BBQ if there are sufficiant numbers to make it viable, serving burgers and sausages for around £1 a bap.
We could also have a ride in councors........... the possabilities are endless.

Obviously these things are weather dependant and we would need numbers, the Landlord has said we can let him know on the previous Saturday by which time we sould have a good idea about the weather.

So what do you think chaps and Hillary?

andreas

Andreas

Dear All

So glad all went well for the first floater night.
My apologies for not being there this was due to Easyjet.
BBQ sounds a good call

I would also point out that South Durham's "Eric's Evening Excursion" is on Tuesday 21st starts about 6.30 from Dalton on Tees good event.

Stay tuned for imminent Bantam progress....

Jon

11 (edited by Baggers 08-06-2011 16:17:16)

Ooooh what a lot we have to discuss all at once - bangers, baps, Eric and Floaters. Whoop-di-doo. I think I would like to handle the baps first  big_smile.

OK Ladies and Gentlemen - just a reminder that as per the Business Meeting item, the Monday meetings will be held at R.A.O.B Birtley every week starting Monday 1st August.
Another item that was agreed at the business meeting on the 18th July was that every Tuesday in August we will hold a purely social meeting at the Floaters. So turn up if you want to and who knows what will happen from there on in!!!! Baps and Bangers here we come  tongue
First of these will be Tuesday 2nd August if my maths is correct.......

wots this thing uv got about baps baggas?......... did u just get sliced when u were a young un ? big_smile

or wiz it aaal stotty caeke ? tongue